Sugarlicious

This morning I woke up at 9:00, walked into the bathroom, noticed half of my hair was curly and half was straight, looked back into my darkened room with the tiny bed heaped with blankets, and stumbled back in. I got up 45 minutes later. Woops. I apologize to any other 25 year olds who have real jobs. I had oatmeal with blueberries and a corndog for breakfast.
I knew all about sugar highs. What I didn't anticipate was a sugar crash. I just had a massive burrito from Moe's, and it came with a free drink. I got Sprite. After I drank what I guess was 20 ounces, I filled it up again.
NOW I AM REAPING THE CONSEQUENCES.
I have a Skype interview for the first time in my life on Wednesday. This means I can wear pajama bottoms and a suit up top. It's for teaching ESL to highschoolers in Oklahoma City and yes, I want it.
Also, my boss Peter was crazy and generous enough to take time away from his family, gather about 20 students, and invite me, and have them tell me things they liked about me, and pray for me since I'm finishing up my job here. Then they gave me a huge framed picture of my college (fitting, considering I don't have any pictures of it), and it is signed front and back with really nice notes in silver Sharpie. There is love and family in Christian community like I have never found anywhere else. I recommend it to ANYONE!
Ok well- my stomach hates me. And I need to go lay down, for many reasons, mostly the sugar sludging along in my blood.

Comments
Post a Comment