Possumbly Ridiculous

Can ADHD flare up? Can it lie dormant inside of your system for months at a time, and suddenly, one day, attack? Is it caffeine or sugar induced? I have had so many good ideas this morning, and the only thing I've accomplished is writing a 51 page book, with a line on each page. I can't tell you about it because it's a surprise gift.
This morning I had another half- bagel for breakfast. Luckily, these bagels are lasting forever, although the honey and butter isn't. I have to go to the grocery store, which is another enjoyable item on my to-do list that's strewn throughout two weeks of my planner. I came in my "office" to do things but... here I am doing them.
The reason I am writing right now is because there is something you need to know right now. There was a baby possum in my house two nights ago.
The correct spelling may be "opossum", but let's get it straight right now, we are in the South, and I won't put a formal "o" at the beginning of the word if no one says it. 1:30 a.m. I was having a quiet phone conversation when I heard "AUDREY! DON'T COME OUT OF YOUR ROOM!" I don't know if you need to be reminded that I live in a dangerous neighborhood. Several violent crimes have been reported either on my block or a few blocks from my house in the past couple months. I figured the rapist was trying to break in our house. I kept listening as she screamed "THERE'S A BABY POSSUM IN MY ROOM!"
It's true. As Hanna was studying in her bed with the door open, a baby possum sauntered into her room from the kitchen. He proceeded to burrow into her closet, which was messy enough to satisfy his quest for privacy. We called the guys next door and they heroically captured him using a rake and a recycling bin. My favorite part was when they went to set him free outside and he took his time walking out of the recycling bin. What a little slow poke.
In the days that followed, we found possum poo under our kitchen sink, indicating that the whole family had made a home there. After some insulation was sprayed into all the available holes in our house, we haven't found any more signs of possums. Although we did catch a cat in the possum trap yesterday morning. "He ate all the spaghetti I put in there!" Hanna exclaimed.
There's lots of adventure when you live in a city full of wildlife. It always seems to find me.

I'm so happy you're blogging again. =] I miss you and love you.
ReplyDelete