So THIS is a vacation...

Ok... I am on a tropical island so this'll be short.

I'm in Thailand. I don't know if I can go back to Korea. I'm dangerously close to missing the ferry back to the mainland and making some sort of living selling pineapples here.

We got to Bangkok on Christmas, after flying through China. Busy, kinda dirty, EVERYONE is helpful and 90% of them are ready to cheat you in a second, but so nice about it! I rode in a boat/taxi with a hundred other people down a river, saw some gold Buddhas, almost got cheated but didn't lose ANY money, rode in a tuk'tuk (akin to a rickshaw in India)... have to keep remembering to get hit when I cross the road because traffic is on opposite sides...

But the people are SO sweet and so helpful. They smile and point to the road when you try to walk.

We are now on Ko-Chang, laying on the beach all day, drinking iced tea, sleeping in a bungalo with a mosquito net, wearing nothing more than sarongs and bathing suits. I had pad thai and chicken with cashews tonight and I could die happy. Tomorrow we might snorkel and feed monkeys. The next day we might ride elephants. Palm trees stretch over the sand and the middle of the island is a mountainous jungle.

I AM STILL NOT OVER IT...

Ahhhh... how can I go back?????

Comments

Popular Posts