I'm a Twitcher
My left eye has been twitching all day. Could it be because I go to bed at three every morning? Perhaps because it took an hour and a translator and repeated entries of pin numbers of varying lengths to get a Korean bank account today? Am I tired, despite what the perpetual instant coffee drinks are telling me? Is there some deep vein of stress beneath the haphazard, rapid-speed lesson planning, essay correcting, test grading, syringe-confiscating, performance-giving normal day of teaching? This is what Google told me, and I found it quite humorous:
"A twitch sometimes develops during times of increased stress. Twitching has also been associated with high caffeine intake, fatigue or excessive squinting. It can also occur after reading or working on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
An eyelid twitch is usually a sign that you need to take a break and relax. Sometimes a twitch will go away following a good night's sleep, but a stubborn twitch may last as long as three weeks."
Three weeks?! What a strange conundrum! I don't consciously feel it, but my eye keeps saying "HEY! HEY! HEY!"... and I don't know why...
"A twitch sometimes develops during times of increased stress. Twitching has also been associated with high caffeine intake, fatigue or excessive squinting. It can also occur after reading or working on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
An eyelid twitch is usually a sign that you need to take a break and relax. Sometimes a twitch will go away following a good night's sleep, but a stubborn twitch may last as long as three weeks."
Three weeks?! What a strange conundrum! I don't consciously feel it, but my eye keeps saying "HEY! HEY! HEY!"... and I don't know why...

Did I tell you that my eye twitched all summer? I feared I had a scratched cornea. I asked my optometrist about it last month. She gave me the same stress/fatigue answer.
ReplyDeletehaha a "stubborn twitch"
ReplyDelete