Another Day, Another Dollar.

There are a few notable events that I feel I should share.

In my second class today, I apprehended a child holding a syringe. When I asked him what it was, he popped off the lid, shot the contents on the floor, and said "water." This is the same child that stares at me with a stink-eye the entire class, and when I ask him a question only intensifies the stink-eye while looking at me in bewilderment. After having him speak with a counterteacher (they speak Korean) she reported to me that it was doctor-approved growth hormones that some children take because they are too small for their age. Are you kidding me?!? Children are shooting themselves up with hormones?!? There are not enough punctuation marks to convey my shock!!! What do you tell the parents? "Please have your child leave his or her syringes at home."

My 2nd grade boys laughed at me when I taught them the word "dirty blonde". They wanted to know what my hair color was in English. I semi-regret teaching that to them- now they think I'm dirty.

I taught my middle schoolers how to order at a restaurant in English. Here in Korea, you either yell at your waiter or push a button that is on the table, and it buzzes them. (Great idea, right?) I really feel like I'm bridging the gap when I hear a 13 yr old boy say, "She would like steak, and I would like... water."

Comments

  1. haha you do know the stink eye= judging eye. he is judging you! ;0 <-- stink eye

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts