Bright Idea!
It just dawned on me that I'm now very smart. Obviously I'm aware of that regularly but this is something that REALLY slipped past me.
I'm stressed out at work and I haven't asked anyone to pray for me. I intended to handle the burden on my own and pray by myself every night. Wow, not the smartest.
Can you please pray for me? Here's what's going down. Tomorrow I'm getting a student who is pretty emotionally disfunctional, I had him previously but he had to be moved out of my class because he really, really hated me. He's about 11 years old, has serious issues with his mom, and when I first got him in September he was open and sweet. His emotions continued to go downhill, to the point where I would bring him outside of the classroom and talk to him and give him a hug and he would thaw out some. Around December it escalated to the point where he was acting like a full-grown man, being completely disrespectful to every woman at our work. That's when I found out his home life is really bad, I'm not sure what it is but I lost sleep over it in December... wondering how a kid could hate me so much...
After four months (in which I've greeted him whenever we've passed- at first he looked at me and said "who are you", and recently he's taken to ignoring me)- he'll be back in my class. The enemy (lol Satan, not the kid) really wants to get me down with stress, self-doubt, anxiety, all of that, I'm not having it... but I'm not that strong, I don't want him to get a foothold, so please pray for me.
Also my boss today told me two of my students were complaining because my class wasn't "free" enough (try to break the language barrier there- I can't) and they wanted me to be more like their two previous male teachers. No matter going into detail how disheartening it is to contemplate how I could be more masculine or fun or whatever it is these girls are wanting... I'm just struggling to hold up in this environment where no one can ever be pleased, and my job is to worship, cajole, and keep the students in the academy instead of teaching them (it is, after all, a business).
TOO MANY DETAILS! Other than that, life is great, and out of about 50 students there are 47 that seemed to be pleased, but... I'm really upset over all of this. Thanks for your prayers:) <3

Comments
Post a Comment