IT'S MUSIC TIME #1

I write music all the time in Oklahoma and I think I'm going to start sharing it.

I'm at that fun place in my walk with God where I don't have a clue where my life is going, what I should do next, where I need to live, etc. But there's something deep in my soul that says even if I think I'm doing everything wrong- God is all-powerful and He is weaving everything together. It's like I got thrown into a really deep part of the ocean and I'm just trying to swim... any direction is fine, but I'm just trying to swim.

This song is about being in the constant changing of circumstances and emotions; it's a prayer asking God to help me love Him. In my head I know that He will answer every question and work everything out from now until forever, but there is a complete disconnect in my heart, and this song is about the process of getting there.



When my heart is full let me thank You for filling it up

When the sun stains my skin and my soul let me acknowledge the light of Your love

In the moments that I rest so still let Your peace be what I’m reminded of

When the storm is crashing slamming against my broken window pane

When the wall I’m leaning on is the only thing that’s solid in or out of my brain

In the moments that I’m begging You to take me home for good,

Remind me that here and now You

Are my Good

I don’t know how to love You (3x)

But I wanna learn

I am a dry riverbed in the middle of summer and You are the rain

I’m a wheel that’s spinning I don’t know where I’m going and You put me on the road again

For all the times I thought I heard You wrong or I knew I heard You right

Keep me by Your side

I’m sorry that I always try to fight it

Oh I don’t know what I’m doing (3x)

But I wanna learn

Since I can remember I always believed asking wasn’t enough

I flipped through pages of books looking for something else

Another way to earn Your love

But I’ll watch the sky fall down and wait until You appear

Just believing

Is much more work than at first it seems

And it’ll take all of me

Comments

Popular Posts