Colors and Numbers
"32. 13. Red and black. Grey and white." Those were the words spoken in a faculty meeting this morning, and they had nothing to do with school pride. They were gang symbols. Not to worry, now I know which t-shirt color means a fight on Friday, why permanent markers aren't allowed, why bag checks are performed in addition to metal detectors, and how to sign a police report. For three hours I held back the urge to throw up or pee in my pants. I wasn't quite sure which one. I'm completely unprepared, no matter how much I do I don't feel I'm getting prepared. I've been wanting cigarettes and drinking milkshakes instead. Still haven't signed a contract. Was promised one, though. School starts Monday. Yes, in three days.OTHER than the chaos that is unfolding before my eyes concerning my questionable employment, Jesus has been answering prayers LIKE CRAZY! I moved out of the man cave this Sunday, into a sweet "dog sitting" situation that included a house decorated with European furniture and wine and a massive flat screen TV. Few things will comfort one after a long day of uphill battle like bagel bites, a big fancy couch, and Glee on hulu. Which, by the way, what HAPPENED in the second season? Yuck. Alas, my fancy house has been retaken by its owners and I'll be moving for the third time this month into what should be a semi-permanent residence. My key is hiding under the grey gnome out front, and if that tells you anything about my roommates, you can understand my excitement.
I'm currently in the bachelor pad watching a movie in which Channing Tatum stars as a Roman soldier. I'm hoping there will be some sort of dance off, because if not... it'll just be another Dear John. Dear John in Rome without a girl. Dear Channing, please either quit accepting movies in which you cannot dance or start insisting that you dance in the movies you act in.
Exhaustion! Exhaustion! Exhaustion! Got up at 5:45 every day this week. It's not even 11:30, but it feels like 4 a.m......
p.s. I had Chik-fil-A for breakfast, not because I'm fancy, but because I had a coupon. I am magnificently broke and I recently applied for a credit card so I can buy things like milk and bed sheets until I get paid in two weeks. Transitions. Gotta love 'em.

Comments
Post a Comment