Three More Days...
I am happily sitting in an AIR-CONDITIONED coffee shop, a buzzer on my lap that will soon alert me to a grande-size lemon tea. My legs are covered in mud, and my white silk shirt luckily is still intact. It is post-rain humid outside, and after running around all morning (and this only a small respite from it) I feel awesome. (Sarcasm)
YES! THE TEA IS SO SWEET! AND SO LEMONY! AHHH THANKYOU GOD.....
So, here's how you leave a country.
1. Go to an office every single day for some sort of visa or financial predicament.
2. Push your boss around until you get paid.
3. Prepare yourself for the creepy man at the bank who will ask why you haven't emailed him when you go to close your account.
4. Cry intermittently over some students who may or may not be having abandonment issues, and are starting to take it out on you...
5. Throw half of your clothes away.
6. Throw some more away.
7. Pack. Weigh suitcase. Pack again.
8. I shipped a 13 kg box home for only $30 BY THE WAY! How awesome is that! Never mind that it's on a boat, and it may or may not get there in three months.
Yes so, life is straight chaos until I leave. We have report cards due this week- actually they're due today- have I done any? No. Last night I was forcing my neighbor to take everything out of my house. I've been correcting essays for hours a day (we used to get paid for that, now we do it for free... and factoring in our salary yes it is most certainly for free...) What else is there to do? I don't know.
Jamie left Monday. ㅠㅠ
Nicole has helped keep me sane.
Meagan's been having mild nervous breakdowns.
We discovered our last three days at work are highly illegal. Since our visa is over we shouldn't be working anymore. We discovered that because Meagan mentioned it on her application for visa extension and our boss got in trouble.
Three more days!
God has been teaching me about love. That the best way to love someone is to be honest with them. That even though my students are often disrespectful and full of angst, I have to do my best to love them and pray God would do something. I was absentmindedly staring out the window and clutching my tea with both hands, trying to figure out what else I was learning. Well, I feel like I'm on an innertube tied to the back of a speeding boat, hanging on until the boat brings me home. Feeling like I'm about to get thrown off. Trying not to.
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE!! THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS!
YES! THE TEA IS SO SWEET! AND SO LEMONY! AHHH THANKYOU GOD.....
So, here's how you leave a country.
1. Go to an office every single day for some sort of visa or financial predicament.
2. Push your boss around until you get paid.
3. Prepare yourself for the creepy man at the bank who will ask why you haven't emailed him when you go to close your account.
4. Cry intermittently over some students who may or may not be having abandonment issues, and are starting to take it out on you...
5. Throw half of your clothes away.
6. Throw some more away.
7. Pack. Weigh suitcase. Pack again.
8. I shipped a 13 kg box home for only $30 BY THE WAY! How awesome is that! Never mind that it's on a boat, and it may or may not get there in three months.
Yes so, life is straight chaos until I leave. We have report cards due this week- actually they're due today- have I done any? No. Last night I was forcing my neighbor to take everything out of my house. I've been correcting essays for hours a day (we used to get paid for that, now we do it for free... and factoring in our salary yes it is most certainly for free...) What else is there to do? I don't know.
Jamie left Monday. ㅠㅠ
Nicole has helped keep me sane.
Meagan's been having mild nervous breakdowns.
We discovered our last three days at work are highly illegal. Since our visa is over we shouldn't be working anymore. We discovered that because Meagan mentioned it on her application for visa extension and our boss got in trouble.
Three more days!
God has been teaching me about love. That the best way to love someone is to be honest with them. That even though my students are often disrespectful and full of angst, I have to do my best to love them and pray God would do something. I was absentmindedly staring out the window and clutching my tea with both hands, trying to figure out what else I was learning. Well, I feel like I'm on an innertube tied to the back of a speeding boat, hanging on until the boat brings me home. Feeling like I'm about to get thrown off. Trying not to.
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE!! THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS!

Comments
Post a Comment